Telford Priory School believes that the use of information and communication technologies in and out of school brings fantastic benefits. However, recognising issues around e-safety and planning accordingly will help ensure appropriate, effective and safer use of electronic communications.
On this page you will find a number of resources which will hopefully allow parents and students to make informed choices when communicating online.
- Parent Info (CEOP) - a comprehensive, free resource for schools and parents covering a range of safeguarding topics and information about apps and when they are updated etc. The content is updated by CEOP (Child Exploitation & Online Protection Centre)
- NSPCC - Pokémon Go - Tips and advice for keeping children safe on Pokémon Go
- Thinkuknow - An education programme from the National Crime Agency's CEOP Command
- Cyberbullying - Article on 'Protecting Children from The Threat of Cyberbullying'
- Askaboutgames - Information on video game age ratings and how to play responsibly
- "Bait out" pages are online groups or pages that invite users to share nude images, videos or sexual gossip about others, according to Childnet. read more about this disturbing trend here.
- Live streaming - Protecting children from exploitation - What is live streaming, why do young people do it and what are the risks?