A Brief Introduction to the PE Department
Our aim is to ensure that students leave TPS being confident of how to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, as well as being able to access sports for now and for later life. To support this, we must continue promote learners ability in thinking skills, leadership skills and physical skills which all provide a first class Physical Education.
Our balanced curriculum offer incorporates:
- Swimming for all teaching groups from Year 7 to 9, where water confidence, survival and swimming techniques are taught and covered in detail. Our aim is for all students be competent swimmers over 25 meters and beyond.
- Games based activities including football, tag rugby, netball and basketball.
- Net based games including badminton, tennis & table tennis.
- Health and fitness as well as maximal performance.
- Gymnastic activities to promote oracy skills and creativity.
In addition to this, our aim is to allow learners to find their love for sport, physical education, and health, with emphasis on a quality, lifelong education to ensure students make informed decisions which positively affect their physical and mental health. The PE department boasts a vast array of extra-curricular clubs to ensure that students can try new sports and represent TPS competitively in the Telford & Wrekin sporting calendar. We offer a number of further pathways